Friendship Baptist Church adopted a new Church Vision. The vision is quite simple and direct, it is "To Minister To The Total Person". This vision will be accomplished through a ministry that encompasses the following core areas and disciplines, which include spiritual, mental, physical, economic and social needs.
Spiritual / Mental
Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you brethren by the mercies of God that present yourself as a living sacrifice, Holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service."
Ministering to the total person involves a transformation that begins with the process of renewing the mind. The mind is renewed as it receives new spiritual information from the Word of God. This spiritual information puts us in the right relationship with God that is essential for being in the right relationship with others and ourselves. Therefore, our spiritual and mental state becomes receptive to Biblical truth that is processed through our minds.
- Educational Programs that Empower and Entrich
- Day Care/Camp, K-12 Tutorial, College - seminary
- Life Skills Trainings & Workshops (Investing, Leadership, Wills/Trusts)
- Conferences, Seminars, Networking & Fellowship with other Ministries
- Individual Spriritual Gifts Assessment
Luke 2:52 "And He grew in stature."
I Corinithians 6:19 "Knowing not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit."
Ministering to the total person, through physical wellness that includes exercise, diet and a way of living (sleep, handling stress, smoking), to bringing about an awareness of fitness that increases your overall effectiveness in life.
- Life Center - Exercise Programs & Education
- Body Recall - A Strength Conditioning Program for Seniors
- Health Fairs (including blood pressure screenings, blood drives, prostate exams, bone marrow and organ donor information, etc.)
- Health Clinics - CPR Training
Matthew 24 Parable of the Talents
Ministering to the total person by empowerment and equipping individuals to be effective stewards over their time, talent and resources through the development of measurable and achievable goals. When the church begins to occupy and take its place economically, it influences the social, political and economic factors relative to the city, state and nation.
- Personal Wealth Building Workshops & Seminars (Investing, Debt Eradication, Financial Planning and Real Estate Investments)
- Operation of a Credit Union
- Acquire Land & Build in Efforts to Encourage New Businesses and Ministries
- Building of Shopping Plazas to include Boutiques, Apparel Shops, Full Body Salons, etc.
Matthew 5:13 "Ye are the salt of the eartth"
Acts 1:8 "And you shall be witness first in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the other most parts."
The spreading of the Good News to our neighbors, our community and to the nation. Te Good News is a refelectio of Biblical truth embodied in the person and shared in deed. When Biblical truth is shared it fosters an image of the Kingdom of God here on earth that emulates in outreach programs. It becomes the power of change in individuals, familes, communities and nations.
- Group Homes for Youth
- Outreach Programs (i.e. NAOMI)
- Prison Ministry
- Influential Presence and Voice in the Community
- Developing Social Forums and Implementin Social Actions
- Elderly Care
- Rehabilitation Programs (ie. Drug)